So you wanted to learn programming and build the next best thing but you do not know where to get started. Here is the best guide for you to get started. All the resource below is some great resource and tutorial use by our fellow IT Society member when they just start learning it. bear in mind that this site might be changing from time to time for updating the information.
This is some easy programming language you can pick up and understand the basic.
- Scratch Programming language
- Alice Programming language
- Suggested book: Accelerated C++
- Suggested Tutorial: Android Tutorial (By Google, you can use the course material and do not need to pay a single sen. This tutorial is recommended if you have a basic knowledge on Java programming language )
- Suggested Tutorial: Stanford CS193P iOS Development, try to find this on iTunes U.
- Suggested Website : http://www.w3schools.com/
Ruby On Rails
- First start with: http://tryruby.org
- Then start learning Rails with: https://www.railstutorial.org/book
- To run RoR on Windows, you will need this: Tutorial – Best way to set Ruby On Rails on Windows
Polymer is not a framework or a programming language but it s a web Component. This is one of the newest way to do web apps. It is also made by Google
- Their official website: https://www.polymer-project.org
- The best way to learn is to start exploring: https://www.code-labs.io/polymer-summit
MMU – Hackerspace
So as a bonus. Hackerspace is a group of people who come together to do thing. Every one will need to have their own project that they build on. This project must not be your class project (Unless is FYP). For every 5 week, we have to present what we have done and share our knowledge with other members.
Join us here – MMU hackerspace Facebook Group.